Giving it a Go

Giving it a Go

Sunday, January 20, 2013

A Saddle Blanket Trace. Quilted Goodness

I traced a Weatherbeeta saddle blanket to base it as a pattern.  I tried to find an pattern online but they all were not so thorough or they wanted money so I just traced mineown.
I had to use a marker for my material marker that washes out only
lasted for five projects.  PTPTPTPTT
At this poing I already had the lines on it with a marker and traced out the batting (quilt material) and the bottom that I made out of a sheet from the second hand store.
This is such a life saver.  Stitching or "basting" as they call it
is so overrated.  This spray is a dream and a little bit goes a
long way so use with haste!




Once you have it all sewed together
You will need your binding material.  I used some of the same material but
I did pull out a velvet dress from yesteryear and it didn't look right so I went
with the material that I was using.  BLUE lines out of that.


 


 You put good face to good face and sew the outside and then turn it over for the binding to
go toward in underside and also to trim the excess batting.



I had to hand sew the final corner.  Don't click on this.
I don't know why it is doing this.  But below is the
corner I had to hand sew.



    


I added some nylon webbing that we pulled off an old back pack for the holders.  COOL!



I added a two inch center just for fun.
 
And WAAALAAA, my custom made saddle blanket front to back!  Three hours and much love
in this project!  Who knew>?

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I wanted to make one of these for my friend. Are they a standard size? May I ask the measurements of this one.

    ReplyDelete