Giving it a Go

Giving it a Go

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Swallow Tail English Saddle Pad #2

Well I did it again.  I made yet another sadde pad and I love this one even more than the first one.  It is the same cut at the first but I really like the way the colors turned out on this one.  I used a cotton top or facing with a black satin binding and the batting or soft middle is a medium loft all cotton batting as well.
The underside which is not pictured is a pink fleece to grip the horse and it gives a little extra padding.  I trace stitched the design in white quilt so the flower will pop a little and then used nylon webbing for the keepers.

Here is how it turned out.
The blanket is sitting on my Friesian / Percheron mix and she is so big that it makes the saddle pad look small but it is cut to standard size.



 
 

 
 




 




No comments:

Post a Comment